Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I miss East Middle of 14 yrs ago

wow, it has been that long since I set foot on the campus of my old middle school!

Today my nephew was promoted from 8th to 9th grade. I feel kind of old. it looked the same, but different at the same time lol

I will also think twice before dismissing my nephew when he says he doesn't like someone (teacher or administrator) for whatever reason. the Principal was a grade A jerk! First he said no cheering whatsoever while they read the names because they had like 400 something students names to read. for the most part, people followed that, but then a couple people would cheer and the student they were cheering for was DENIED THEIR CERTIFICATE! okay, action, consequence. I get that. but he wasn't doing it on a consistent basis. apparently my nephew is kind of popular so when his name was said, HIS FELLOW CLASSMATES CHEERED, NOT HIS FAMILY AND HE WAS DENIED HIS CERTIFICATE! my sister was pissed! I get why she was upset up every other time someone cheered and we heard but not the principal and nothing happened, she went on and on about it!

the ceremony ended and my sister waited a while to cool down before going to talk to the principal (and he had to be found) and she explained what happened and he was all, "I'm sorry. I tried to do the best I could" and blah blah blah "come on MONDAY to pick up his certificate." School sis over for the semester on Thursday so why not then...or Friday? Why Monday. That's bull!

so yeah, I don't like him. even before I knew he was the principal there was something about him I didn't like. I think it was how he told the standing people to keep the aisle clear (for emergency purposes).

but that's all over with. I bought my nephew his yearbook since they weren't going to be able to afford it, and tomorrow he's going to Knott's Berry Farm with the other promoted students.

We went to IHOP for, what should have been breakfast, but they were so busy that we didn't get & eat our ordered food until after noon! But it was good and I'm full.

No comments: