Tuesday, March 1, 2011

adventures in driving

Yesterday I drove for the 3rd time. I had to go to the bank and my mom had to pick up some things for one of the residents at the retirement home where she works and she wanted to stop at Michaels for some yarn...so I drove.

02-28-11 my view while waiting for my mom
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

it's funny, I get so nervous about driving but when I get home after an hr or so of driving, I want to go out again...or at least drive a little further than places in my city. But...the big main streets scare the crap out of me.

My permit expires at the end of April and I don’t think I’ll be ready for the behind the wheel test. And as evident in the picture of the car’s windshield, it’s not ready either. there are 3 total cracks (if I remember correctly) in the windshield and I wouldn’t be able to use the car. Also, there are no working hazard lights...and this is the car that runs well! The other car stalls/shuts off after 5-10 minutes of driving and has NO turn signals.

In other news...today is National Pancake Day and from 7 am to 10 pm IHOP is giving away a free short stack of pancakes...and taking donations for the Children’s Miracle Network hospitals

No comments: