Thursday, April 2, 2009

so...that was out of left field

I have a job. 16 hrs a week. it's obvious to anyone who sees me on Twitter, that I don't nearly work 16 hrs a week. At most I do 8 hours (4-5 on Fridays and the rest on Sundays). So Monday-Thursday my fat butt is parked on my bed watching talk shows and tweeting what I see on TV.

Well today I get this message from my cousin: Lizet I think you need to get a job being a talk host on a radio station, or either writing for a newspaper or magazine.

That's totally out of left field. First, I have no idea what I'd speak or write about, second, several of my online friends have/had jobs in both those fields and have been doing it for pretty much all their lives and have had their hours cut or lost their jobs and I'd feel really bad to up and get a job as a radio talk show host or writer when they're looking for work.

and like I said, totally out of left field. But I replied back to my cousin: my writing is no where near good enough to writer for a newspaper or magazine and I wouldn't know what to talk about on a radio show

but that got me to thinking...who's to say I can't host a podcast or whatever. Scan the news for stuff that's of interest to me, ask my friends what's interesting to them and gab about it for 30-60 mins

but I'm just so ehh about it. Even what I've typed up right now I find completely horrible and just lacking.

No. What I need to do is find a sugar daddy and just coast.

No comments: