Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thus my 2 week vacation starts

but first things first, I guess.

I'm without a cell phone. I mean, I physically have one, but about all I can do is take pictures, use it for a clock, play games or make notes. Oh and I can look up phone numbers. Sunday around 4 pm my phone went down the crapper. the phone itself is good, it's the service/network that I'm having problems with. Like I said, Sunday around 4 pm I started having problems with it. Dropped calls, not being able to call out, no reception, the data aspect of my phone (txt messaging, pic messaging, e-mail & web browsing) are shotty - I can receive all of them (minus pic messaging) but I have to hope and pray I can send out. I was on with T-Mobile tech support twice yesterday. The first time I got through about 30 mins of trouble shooting before I was disconnected. I waited a few hrs and tried again. The new person I spoke with told me I wasn't the only one experiencing problems. Apparently various towers I could/would connect to were going down and booting me from the network. So she entered the info and gave me a service # or some such. I don't know how they're going to get a hold of me if I can't send of receive calls. though I can check my messages from a landline phone in case anyone calls and leaves a message (which no one rarely does so it doesn't really matter, right?) [while out at the bank I was able to send txt messages so I think something with where I live that's suddenly giving me problems w/my cell phone]

My dad got a car April 3rd and Saturday (April 18th) the ignition messed up or something. Of course I didn't find out until 1030 pm that night...the ignition stopped working at like 4 pm! wtf!? I was very annoyed with my dad about that. Sunday I called Lora and she was back to being the chauffeur for my mom and I as my dad rather take the bus to "get to church on time". whatever. The lack of car also put me in a spot as I knew there was no way he was going to have the car fixed in time to get me to the greyhound bus station on Wednesday by 630 am [back from a trip to the bank] so I was freaking out. My parents threw out lots of suggestions as to how I could get there and then dad suggested that I ask my sister. He said I should stay the night and since she lives in LA (about 20-30 mins from the Greyhound station) she could take me. That's better than the idea I had of waking up at 4 am to catch the 509 am bus/train/bus to get to the station around 6 am.

so tonight I will be staying at my sisters. I don't think she has internet so if she doesn't, I won't be back online until LATE Wednesday night...for sure Thursday as I will already be at Jeanine's house!!

Hmm what else... I need to type up my itinerary to leave with my parents. I'll also e-mail them a copy in case they misplace the paper copy. [whoops got sidetracked and didn't finish/post this entry]

so that's everything. Off to clean the kitchen and make sure I have everything I need for tonight & for when I leave tomorrow.

No comments: