Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DHS c/o 2000 10 year Reunion

My 10 year reunion was July 31. It was more fun than I thought it would be. There was drunken flirting, lots of laughing at old school pictures, good Italian food and lots of exchanged phone numbers for more summer fun.

So many times throughout the night I heard, "Are you on facebook?", "make sure to put the pictures up on facebook" and I think my favorite was "omg you're that girl with the TV show on facebook!" Her show isn't about facebook, but episodes are put on facebook.

I thought it was going to be weird seeing my old high school crushes (yes, I had many through the 4 years at that school) again, but it really wasn’t. I still see why I had the crush on them, but we’re 10 years older now so it’s nothing.

There were many I would have bet money on that would have been there, but they weren’t. That was rather surprising to me. Many people who said they’d be there but in the end weren’t. And many who I wouldn’t have thought would be there, were there.

I know without facebook this reunion probably wouldn't have happened.

One (of the few) thing I was bummed about is that I didn’t bring extra batteries for my camera. I maybe got 7 pictures before the camera died. Waiting for others to post their pictures...and there’s shot that I really want - the group shot. I want to see if I can be seen in it.

Hopefully it won’t be another 5-10 years before we see each other again!

No comments: