Friday, July 23, 2010

I’m just going to keep my mouth shut

Tuesday I found out that my brother didn't make his promotion in the U.S. Air Force. He's been in for 24 yrs and September 1 is his last day.

he knew it was coming, but I think he was hoping to continue on in the Air Force. But for now he's finishing up his bachelor's degree while looking for work in Europe (he and his wife want to live & raise their daughters there). So he's state side until he finishes up his degree.

Since time is “running out” on how long my brother and his family are going to be in the States, I came up with a pretty good family vacation idea and then my dad was like "Lizet is good with spending other people's money." I try to do get us to something as a family and my idea gets crapped on before it's even heard. well forget I even said anything.

So what was my idea? I thought that next summer the 6 of us out here (my sister, her kids, me and my parents) could go to Florida for a couple of weeks. His house has a pretty decent backyard & pool...we could "camp" back there, go to the beach...do SOMETHING as a family because the last time we did that, Marta & Daniela were like 18 months old and now they're 5 years old.

Part of me wants to suggest it to my brother and sister (my mom was already for the idea) and see what they say and my dad could stay here for all I care.

My other idea was a 12 day family Hawaiian cruise (my sister said she was saving her money to go to Hawaii with Marlin & Jasmine), but that would have been way more expensive. Plus the only Hawaiian cruises were September of this year, April & December of next year and then April 2012, and the kids would be in school during those times.

No comments: