Sunday, July 4, 2010

come on now!

That was a mediocre success. The BBQ at the Church that is. There were 7 of us, not including my mom, sister and her 2 kids. I was just really let down by it all, but I stand by my decision to have it Saturday as opposed to Sunday. 2 main reasons being I WASN’T going to “cook” the food and set up by myself while everyone was in Church service and I wasn’t going to ask someone to help me do that so they’d end up missing service. Also, we’d be eating and carrying on while the Spanish church service was going on and I feel that’s rude to do that. The other reason being that I wanted to go to a baseball game Sunday evening since it’d been 2 years since I gone to one and if the BBQ was held Sunday, there’s NO WAY I’d be able to do all that stuff, clean up the property after and get to Anaheim by 430 (with the game starting at 515).

I had purchased hot dogs and hamburgers but they didn’t get used so they’ll be used at the Game Night on July 18th. Awesome! Now I don’t have to worry about what snacks to provide. Maybe get some cookies and some more drinks.

I learned a new card game called Phase 10. My mom tried teaching it to me, but I just wasn’t getting it. Staci explained it and after a few rounds I caught on. We played for nearly 2 hours before my sister decided it was time for her and the kids to leave and Lora and I finished cleaning up (my dad did some stuff that I had to undo because it just wasn’t right and I did some stuff in between rounds). We will definitely play that again! I’m also going to buy Bible Gestures and a couple other Bible trivia type games for future games nights at the church.

Hmm Sunday is the Angels baseball game! So freaking excited! Like I said above, it’s been about 2 years since I’ve gone to a game. Every year I say I want to buy season passes, or at least pre-purchase tickets to a few select games, but I never do it! I hope I’m able to next year! Get in on the good seats to avoid the nose bleed last minute purchased seats. Hoping for a good game. They’re playing against the Kansas City Royals, then after the game there’s going to be the Independence Day Fireworks show. Yay!

I talked to my dad about the 24 Hour Fitness thing he told me about a few days ago. At Costco he can buy a 3 year membership for $499 and in the long run that’s cheaper because with the plan I was looking at online, I’d pay $34.99/month, and in 1 year that’s almost $420! Part of me wants to go on and ask him to do that, but honestly, I can’t afford to pay him back for that. Even once I finish paying my credit card in October, I still wouldn’t be able to. Sucks. Looks like I may do the YMCA route after all.

No comments: