Thursday, July 8, 2010

THEY should have done their homework

Yesterday I finished Word Processing for the Law Office. It was 5 days long and there was something like 38 total assignments! There’s 25 students in the class so that’s umm...950 assignments that the instructor has to grade!

I logged into Blackboard and see there’s this announcement about grading:
Due to the large volume of Assignments for this course, your Instructor has been advised to make the following modification to the grading process:

Your overall grade for the Assignments portion of the course will be based solely on your submitting ALL of the Assignments made in the course. Your Instructor will select FOUR of your assignments at random to review and provide you feedback. You will not receive individual grades on these--or any--Assignment. Your Instructor will, of course, be checking the quality of your submissions and this will be reflected in your overall Assignment grade for the course.

Shouldn’t the people in charge have known there was going to be a large volume of work and either made the class longer or told the instructor “maybe you don’t need 9 assignment each unit!”

But I guess this new way of grading will be to our benefit. If everyone turned in decent work, we’ll get an overall decent grade on the assignment portion of the grade for the class. I made sure to comment (in the course evaluation) that I thought the class should be longer for the amount of assignments given...or there shouldn’t be so many assignments for a 5 day course.

Anyways, hoping for an A or B in the class. I don’t think I should get anything lower than that as I did everything that was required for this class - all 38 assignments, 6 discussion questions and the final (which I got 48/50 on)!

In other news...I don’t believe I’ve talked about my weekend...or least the Sunday part of my weekend! After church was over, I went with Lora and the Pastor back to their house for lunch and to wait for Staci to get ready so we could pick up her friend and go to the Angels Game. The game was set to start at 5:15 pm and we left the house at 3:30, picked up her friend by 4 pm and by 4:45 were exiting the freeway going to the Stadium. The line to get in was pretty long but went by fast. I was 3 people from being checked when a guy yelled “National Anthem” or something and everything stopped. I could hear bits and pieces of the singing, but what I LOVE THE MOST was the fly over by the C-17 (I think) from March Air Reserve Base (later in the game the pilots were introduced). We got in and the first inning had already started. Sad. We missed the first pitch, but better than missing the entire first inning like what happened when Lora and I went to a game a few years ago.

OMG the game! SO AWESOME! 11-0 shut out over the Royals! It was great! Staci and her friend missing most of the game, but I know they didn’t go to watch it. That made me mad because Lora paid for their tickets, and they maybe saw 1 inning the entire game! Most of the time they were walking around doing whatever...and on top of that, Staci wore a Dodger’s jacket to the game! *shurgs* whatever. Also sucks that since I bought the 4th ticket after the first 3, I couldn’t find a single seat in the same section as the first 3 tickets so Lora volunteered to sit in the single seat in the other section.

After the awesome game was the equally awesome Independence Day Fireworks show! I guess Lora had been trying to call us (I had reception but didn’t have reception?) to say that we should watch the show at the car (and be one of the first to leave lol) but I didn’t get her call. I think I got some okay pictures of the fireworks. I hate the delay with the cameras I have. I don’t know what gives either!

But overall, AWESOME 4th of July! We’re (pretty sure just Lora and I) going to go to a few more games this season. I have some dates picked and ticket prices are so cheap that I hope we’re able to go to all the games! They’re mostly weekend games as Lora works long hrs during the week and has to drive quite a ways to/from work.

Tuesday I went to the post office to pick up the clothes I ordered. They were delivered on Saturday but we were at the church until 8 pm and missed the mailman. When I got home, I promptly tried them on...or attempted to try them on. The tops fit but the leggings...HA! plus one size fits all is laughable! I was afraid of ripping them if I tried to pull them over my thighs! They were lycra spandex type leggings. Not the kind I’m comfortable wearing at all. Too much of a hassle to send them back, so I’m going to ask around for anyone who wants to buy them.

Now today...I start a new class - Legal Office Procedures. It’s 10 days long and there’s only 1 assignment. I shouldn’t complain because there could have been more. After the last 5 days I’m glad there isn’t more!

I need to go to the store and pick up a few things. I want to make apple butter (yummy!) and maybe pick up a cheesecake as my mom didn’t get any on Saturday. I’d make it, but I don’t have the money to get all that’s needed.

Next week I get paid. Sunday to be exact. And after my bills, I hope I have enough to get quarters for laundry. it’s piling up again. I should also be getting a check from working the Election back in June! That’ll be a nice bit of spending money!

No comments: