Saturday, January 29, 2011

so you want to own a house...

I go to church in Lynwood and down the street from my church there’s this fixer-upper of a house for sale. $180K for 3 bed/1.5 bath in 1,021 sq ft. and it’s a short sale.

Ever since I saw it last night, I can’t get the idea of owning it (or a house period) out of my head. It’s nothing as elaborate with the possibility of renting my own apartment (I had all my furniture picked out with that) but more along the lines of it would be mine, I could actually invite people over for dinner or having game nights with friends...stuff like that.

Then I checked my credit score. Ick. If I could raise it 6 more points (and get a better paying job) it’d be cool. But a plus - 2 items are to come off this year and another 2 or 3 are to come off at beginning of 2012. and I believe 2012 is also the start of when I pay my student loans back, so all that’s sure to work in my favor for increasing my score - at least I hope it does.

I also toyed with the idea of asking my aunt for a loan, but that was gone like 5 seconds later. I should probably concentrate on school and finding another job.

No comments: