Thursday, June 30, 2011

an update on my Critical Thinking class

In regards to this entry, I spoke with my student advisor. While I didn’t mention wanting to be removed from the class, I did tell her that I was VERY uncomfortable with the discussion topics. She said that was understandable, and that I wasn’t the only one (in the class?) who felt that way. She said in cases like this, another topic was given and that’s what I would work with. She also said that the 2 writing written papers didn’t have to be on ghosts/ufo’s or 9/11 conspiracy theories - that I could pick any topic. Umm great. I wouldn’t know a topic to pick (I didn’t tell her that).

Still have a high level of IDGAF.

As the conversation came to an end, she said she’d e-mail the instructor and see what further could be done and that the instructor would be in contact with me via email (best to have everything in writing so there’s no confusion) and my SA would be CC’d on the matter as well.

I hope some kind of solution is decided upon. The 2 page written paper is due tomorrow and I have 2 days of discussion questions to work on (the ones I need replacement topics for).

No comments: