Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fun times at Denny's

Yes, I know I should be finishing up my Kwanzaa postings, but I'm not feeling it anymore. I know I also need to finish up the friends series. Again, I'll get back to that, and probably before I finish the Kwanzaa postings.

But about Denny's.

So today was that Free Grand Slam deal at Denny's from 6 am-2 pm (aww missed going there for lunch by thatmuch lol) and amusing time w/my family (parents & sister) whilewaiting in line.

We were trying to figure out why Denny's had this special going on and my mom, bless her heart, but she can be a bit aloof at times, said "maybe a good samaritan donated food (or money?)" My dad and I looked at her and started cracking up. My dad said that maybe someone sued them and this was how Denny's had to pay, sort of like what Macy's did with the free makeup a few weeks ago. That seemed much more believable, but I didn't think so.

We get inside and we're waiting for our drink order and my dad asks the guy filling up someone's coffee why the free meals and the guy was like "Uhhh to get more customers to come. Hope you come back again!" I was snickering in the corner (but really trying to hide my face). My dad takes being funny to an extreme sometimes and it gets on my, and my mom's, nerves.

then it went from make the wait staff feel uncomfortable to joke on Lizet time. I was told, by my dad and a little by my mom, that I was unteachable, that I didn't have a childhood and that I should go to the retirement home because I have Alzheimer's Disease...all because I don't remember my childhood. Haha funny! That kind of hurt especially with them knowing that sometimes I get freaked out because I don't remember my childhood. I don't remember much of my school days either and for being 26, that's bad.

that ended, we ate and my sister went grocery shopping and my parents and I went to see how packed another Denny's was and made our way to Wal*Mart, bought some stuff and came back home.

Up next, I want to learn to knit, but I'm too impatient, so I'll stick to crocheting.

2 comments:

The Loss Adjuster said...

The whole thing was probably about the economy. Doing this gets Denny's in the news and in people's minds. I mean, I've probably heard or read the word "Denny's" about six billion times today. Frankly, it worked from that standpoint.

Anonymous said...

This was, without a doubt, an amazing buzz marketing campaign for Dennys.