Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not my Country Weekly

about the only magazine I get in the mail is Country Weekly and when today's issue came there was a weird cover on it. I thought it was just the usual renewal notice cover, but upon reading it, I was saddened.

Dear Country Weekly Subscriber;

We regret to inform you that, due to marketplace conditions, Country Weekly will no longer offer subscription service after this issue.

Effective with the March 2, 2009 issue, Country Weekly will be sold at newsstands only in a new weekly format. We're excited about this new change and hope that you will pick up a copy at your local retailer.

For the remaining service of your subscription, you can select to receive one of the magazines listed below. If you are already a subscriber, your subscription will be extended based on your selection below.

We need your reply by March 31, 2009 as it will take 6-8 weeks to make the transfer to your magazine of choice. If we do not hear from you by that date, your remaining subscription will be replaced by Star Magazine.

Again, please accept our regrets for any inconvenience and our thanks for your support.

Sincerely,
Country Weekly Magazine


I wish I would have known about this (or paid better attention) before I renewed in Nov of last year! The 3 magazine choices I have are Star, National Enquirer and Shape. I'm going to choose Star Magazine and when my subscription is up in August (I believe) I won't renew again.

I'd have no problem getting Country Weekly every week if I in fact went to a store every week that sales the magazine but I don't, so I guess I'll only pick it up when I happen to go into the store.

No comments: