Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Real women have curves

I’m a big woman. No I’m fat. There’s no hiding that fact. I can’t shop at Forever 21 (never have and never will), I can’t wear the sometimes cute clothes the “It” female star wear, nor would I probably want to. Damn it, I’m not a board! I have curves…in more than one place for that matter. The other day my best friend made a comment in her journal about coming across a couple of websites with clothing for “real women”…women with curves.

Apparently this offended someone who reads her journal and that person made comments (in their own journal) implying that my friend was saying she (this other girl) wasn’t a “real” woman. My friend never said that. This girl also goes on to say that she has a vagina therefore she is a woman. No one’s disputing that.

But then we get to the “meat” of the matter. This girl goes on to say that my friend implied that she was more of a woman because she has a “shapely ass”, big boobs and “meat” on her bones. MY FRIEND DID NOT SAY THAT!

In a population where there are more women who aren’t boards…don’t wear clothing labeled in the single digits, it’s HARD to find cute clothes. It’s HARD to find clothes that don’t make you look even larger than you already are.

I don’t know why this girl who made those accusations was getting bent out of shape. Did she get pissed off when Josefina Lopez wrote the play “Real Women Have Curves” or co-screenwrote the movie of the same name starring America Ferrera in 2002? I surely hope not.

Your boney hand is no match to my 264 lbs of fat! And yes, I really do weigh that much.

No comments: