Monday, May 31, 2010

Section 8 ONLY

Today with my mom’s cousins wasn’t that bad…unless you were following me on Twitter then you’d think it was really bad. When we got there, we talked for a bit, waiting for food to finish cooking, then the TV came on. Oh gosh! For about 10 minutes it was on Bones. Now I like Bones, but lately I haven’t been into it like I was a few years ago. Oh God! Then they started talking about basketball, then tennis, then back to basketball. This was broken up with eating lunch/dinner and watching TMZ and Nancy Grace…then more talk about other stuff that was annoying to me.

My mom’s cousin’s daughter, which I guess is my cousin but I don’t exactly know HOW we’re related, owns some apartments behind the house where we were at. A for rent sign was being written on and they mentioned Section 8 applicants only (as a guarantee that rent is actually paid should the tenant lose their job or whatever). 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms…full living room and full dining room. I wanted to look at the place, but why? I can’t afford $1500/month, don’t know of anyone who would want to live in this particular city to be roommates and as far as I know, I don’t qualify for section 8. Then my mom asked if she thought my sister would qualify. I honestly don’t know. And I’m not going to go out of my way to check. She and her soon to be ex husband need to work on that. I want no part of that madness.

No comments: