Thursday, May 12, 2011

continuing laundry room issues

A few weeks ago my upstairs neighbor gave me crap for taking her clothes out of the washer. She said that was the first time all week she washed and would appreciate it if I didn’t take her clothes out - that she doesn’t take my clothes out (which is utter bullshit because I’ve walked in on her doing so!). To respect her clothes and leave them alone.

I calmly told her that if she came out after 45 minutes - which is how long the wash cycle is - I wouldn’t have to take her clothes out of the washer. I also told her the dryer cycle is 30 minutes and the same goes for that. Take it out after 30 minutes and you won’t have to worry about me, or anyone else removing your clothes. There are 6 units for one washer/dryer. No one should have to not wash because you can’t get your shit out in a timely manner.

Well at the time, I was rushing to get to zumba, she had a load of clothes in the wash, and from what I could tell, sat outside with her niece and chatted, I assume so that she could put her clothes in the dryer. This meant that I had a wet load of clothes...and was going to be late for zumba. Took the clothes inside and rushed to get to class. An hour later when class was over I called my mom, told her what happened and asked her if she could put my still wet clothes in the dryer because I had errands to run and wouldn’t be back for a while.

2 hours later I get home and the clothes are still there! WTF! She’d been washing for 4 hours, much like today, and I was livid. I’m not going to have my clothes ruined because you can’t get down to deal with your clothes. So I took her clothes of the dryer (it was still going), put more quarters in and put my clothes in to dry. 30 minutes later I went back out and the dryer was still going, but my clothes were dry so I took them out, and put hers back in (they were also completely dry) so that she wouldn’t know I took them out.

Well now we’re at today and for the last 4 hours I’ve been trying to wash a load of clothes for my dad. every time I go to the laundry room this neighbor is there! The last time I went out, she had a fucking fold up chair and was sitting there talking on her phone! WTF! As I said on twitter, if you have THAT much clothes, go to the laundromat! You can wash your stuff for the same amount of quarters, get it done faster, and people, like me, who only have 1 load to do, can get their stuff done.

No comments: