Saturday, May 28, 2011

one of me...why so many books?

I don’t know what’s going on with my school, but they need to get their act together!

They used to send me books on time. I used to get a book for a class and wouldn’t need it for a couple of classes as many classes used the same book or there was no books (only online handouts).

Now, the last 3 times they’ve sent me books, its been after the class has started and I called my advisor to let them know I didn’t have the book. They got right on it and sent me a book. No, wait, they sent me 2 books!

Umm there’s just one of me, why do I need 2 of the same books?!

The first time I called my advisor back and told her and she said they would send me some postage paid forms to send the books back. After a month of waiting and not getting the forms, I sold the books.

The second time I got multiple copies of the same book, I got them about 2 days after the class had started. One book came on a Saturday (and the class started the day before) and the second book came the following Monday. Again, there’s only one of me. I don’t need 2 of the same books. I put it up to sell it, but apparently without the CD that’s supposed to come with it, no one wants the book. *shrugs* It wasn’t sent to me with a CD and from what I could tell in using the book, no CD was ever mentioned with supplemental information.

The third time I got multiple books is for the class I’m in now. The class started last Friday and by the day before when I hadn’t gotten an e-mail notifying me that a book was on the way, I e-mailed and called my advisor. she said she would look into what happened and get back to me. an hour later I got an e-mail notifying me that the book would be delivered. It was delivered Saturday, but no one was home to sign for it so back to the post office it went. I didn’t think to arrange for re-delivery on Monday because I just assumed it would be redelivered. I gave the “sorry we missed you” slip to my dad to pick it up for me but when he got to the post office, they said they didn’t have it. An hour before he called to tell me that, the mail was delivered but not my book...so I went online and requested a re-delivery for the following day. Finally got the book on Tuesday.

Yesterday I get 2 notifications of books being sent to me. I figured they were getting a head start for my next 2 classes. Partly right. One contained a book for a future class (eww college writing! why couldn’t they accept the college courses I already took?! I got As and Bs in those classes!) and the other...a second copy of the book I got Tuesday for my current class!

I’ll be putting this book up for sale as well, but I doubt it will get bought. I may donate them to the library or good will...or send them all (duplicates that is) back once I graduate in November.

No comments: