Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the art of driving part 2

we went to the storage place so I could get a suitcase out of my unit for my mom and when we left, my dad paid his bill and I parked the car. then I was going to get back in the passenger seat and he said for me to drive home (never mind that my permit expired on April 30).

So I drove home then he had me to parallel park. yikes. never did that before. I've driven into a spot parallel to the curb to park but not back into the spot. So I did it. I didn't bump into the curb with the back tire, I was close to the curb, and I left enough space for another car to park behind me and leave us enough space to get out when we leave. My dad said it was perfect.

Since my permit expired, I have to redo the written test (which I hope doesn't take me 3 times like last time) to get my permit again.

In non-driving news, Jamie and I will be going to the movies to lunch/dinner tomorrow. We’re going to see Fast Five and I think the plan is still to have Mexican food (mmm Margaritas). Then next week we’re going to see Thor. Sweet baby Jesus! Chris Hemsworth, Paul Walker, Chris Bridges and Dwayne Johnson in 2 HOT movies! CANNOT WAIT!

No comments: