Monday, August 1, 2011

wow this summer!

I tell you what! this summer got off to a kind of slow start but its looking to end on a high note!

Baseball season was awesome. I know it's not over yet, but for me its been awesome! I've gone to the most games this year than I EVER have. An exhibition game against the Dodgers in a COMPANY SUITE! Then a game every month this season, which has been 4 games so far. One more game is set for August 16th and then Lora and I have vouchers for another game (in awesome seats - don't remember off hand where) but we have yet to pick a date.

Saturday (7/30) Lora and I went to Escondido and San Diego. In Escondido we went to a timeshare presentation. For the most part it was okay. Longer than the 90 minutes we were initially told. Our presentation started at 12:40 pm and we didn’t finish until 4 pm! That was presentation, tour and then 2 sales pitches! Out of it we got the additional Angels tickets I mentioned above AND 2 TICKETS TO HONOLULU, HAWAII!!!!! to be used in the next 13 months! OH! MY! GOD!! SUMMER OF AWESOMENESS! We just have to pay the taxes on the plane tickets and have whatever spending money we’ll need. The rest is taken care of! LOVE IT! We haven’t picked dates for the trip yet, but I’m sure we’ll do that in the next month or so. While we weren’t able to afford the time share, I understand the concept so much more and about how much this particular one costs that after my birthday cruise next year, I’m going to save up so that by the time I’m 35 I can get one.

right, after the timeshare thing we went to the zoo. It was around 5 pm when we got there and stayed to nearly closing (9 pm I believe). Not many animals were out, but we saw a bunch of monkeys, the elephants, some big cats, omg heard a lion roar! it was so awesome! I thought it was a recording until I actually saw the lion was doing it! I wish I would have recorded it (and I totally need a better camera!) I didn’t take many pictures while at the zoo. Partly because the camera I was using isn’t all that great and partly because I was more interested in looking at the animals than taking pictures of them. But I managed to get 42 okay I guess pictures.



If the slideshow doesn’t work, you can see the pictures here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0903/lizzieluvsu/Family%20and%20Friends/07-30-11%20San%20Diego%20Zoo/

In our travels to/from Escondido and San Diego, Lora and I came up with more day trips we can do. First we thought of Carlsbad Caverns but then I discovered they’re in New Mexico and NOT Carlsbad, CA (guess I didn’t pay too good attention during my travel & tourism classes lmao). So for now, that’s on the back burner. August 11 we’re going to the La Brea Tar Pits, there’s a day trip to Port Hueneme, a possible visit to/near by Camp Pendleton, there’s an air show for the end of August/beginning of September that I need to look into.

I swear there was more, but I got sidetracked looking up stuff on various Marine Corps websites so I’ll end this now.

No comments: