Thursday, July 14, 2011

*iz floored*

So Monday I finished that lame (10 day) Critical Thinking class and was whatever about it. I’d be happy with a C. Well as it stands, I have an 81.70% - that’s a B! This is by no means bragging. This is me geninuely shocked that I pulled such a good grade from not trying and being pissed that no one - student advisor or teacher - would return my calls or emails until 3 days before the class was over!

There were 2 written assignments due - a 2 page paper and then a 4 page paper expanded from the 2 page paper. I did those in 1 ½ days! I got 100% on the 2 page paper and 98% on the 4 page paper. Then there were 4 discussion question/homework questions. I did 3 of the 4 but (so far) only graded on 2 and one of those 2 I didn’t do!

This online school experience started out so great, but gradually, it’s been pissing me off, royally. Good luck trying to get a prompt reply from my student advisor when it’s important. he only time she’s prompt about getting in touch with me is if I haven’t logged into Blackboard in a few days.

Anyways, right now I’m at day 3 of Psychology class and I don’t have a book. I was supposed to hear back from the SA 2 days ago about it. Fortunately there’s photocopied pages as pdfs for the reading. It feels like I’m missing stuff tho, but I have been able to answer the discussion questions based on the reading we’ve been provided, so that’s good i guess. I really don’t want to play phone tag about this book. My SA is just pissing me off to no end. I wonder if they even pay attention to the course evaluation they have us do at the end of class...

No comments: