Tuesday, April 27, 2010

don't look back

I don't get my mom. She'll go out and participate in stuff with my sister or her (my mom) friends but when I ask her to do stuff that really interests me she declines.

It's not like I'm asking her to swim with sharks or go sky diving. Just go see what I spend so much time doing rather than looking at the pictures after the event.

I've brought up how it hurts me (I don't remember my exact words) that she doesn't want to see what I'm doing (yet she interjects herself into almost every other part of my life) and asked her why and she said she just doesn't feel like it.

Tonight for example, is a revival at my sister's church. My sister called her up a few hours ago and asked if she wanted to go and she didn't hesitate in saying she'd go. Well I invite her to the same kind of event, but with family friends and I get "oh, not this time. I'm too tired" or some other kind of excuse along those lines.

This is yet another example I will remind my parents of when I move out and don't want them to be involved in my life.

No comments: