Thursday, April 8, 2010

tattoos

I have 5 tattoos with plans of getting more. Originally when I thought about getting tattoos, I wanted them to represent the fandoms I belonged to, but then it would take too much explaining to others what they meant. I still plan on getting those tattoos, but it's turning out they have more than the meanings I originally thought so it's all good.

First tattoo I go, I was 19. It's Hollywood in script on my outer right ankle. Originally it was for a member of a boyband I like, but then I took a theater class in college and the instructor said he could very easily see me working in Hollywood because I was at ease with being on stage/in front of the camera.

Second tattoo I got was a couple years after that. I was around 21. This tattoo is the astrological sign for Leo. Like the first, it was originally for a member of a boyband, but it was easier to say it was for my nephew who is also a Leo.

Third/fourth tattoos I got were a serious whim. I was 23, it was rainy, my parents were away for a couple days, and I may or may not have ditched some classes to get them. I took a train to the swapmeet, walked around and bam! there was a tattoo place...and I just happened to have the money so I got them. I wanted to get them, but they weren't as planned out as my others. They are the Chinese symbols for Hope and Faith. I pretty much liked how they looked were my reasons for getting them. I only wish I would have gotten them in a different location than on both my arms.

Fifth tattoo I got was a couple years later (see a trend? every couple years I get a tattoo lol). So this means I was 25. We had just experienced an earthquake on this day and I wanted to do something just as unexpected. I called up a friend and she took me to get it done. This tattoo is the astrological sign for Virgo. It has no connection to a boyband. It is actually the sign for my sister in law, niece and myself.

my boy is drawing up my next tattoos (if he hasn't forgotten that is). They are 4 hearts, each containing the initials of my grandparents. The other one he's drawing I won't get put on me until I get married as it will be my last name (maiden if you will) in flames.

I still have to complete the boyband series tattoos, and in a way, this means completing the zodiac lol I'm 27 now so I need to hurry up and get my next tattoo(s) to keep with the every 2 year trend. I turn 28 in about 5 months.

No comments: