Saturday, September 11, 2010

it's my party and I'll cry if I want to

9-9-10
Okay, so no crying was had this year (unlike last year, but we won’t go there!) today was a pretty awesome birthday!

Birthday festivities started Wednesday with a card from my church and my parents (well I ordered it) purchasing the bicycle I wanted. Won't arrive for 2 weeks, but whateva. Then today I went to the DMV. I was going to renew my State ID and figured I'd retest for my license. I tried when I was 20, failed and didn't bother to do the other 2 "free" retests. Then April of this year I went in and tested again. Missed 7 but you can only miss 6 for first time drivers. Well today I did the 2nd retest. Missed 8. UGH! was going to leave but thought what the hell!, waited 20 minutes or so and took it for the 3rd time and woo hoo!!!! I passed! I think I missed 4! Now I have until April 30, 2011 to get my license or I have to go through the whole process over again. I don't want to do that again!

On with the birthday fun. Got a cake, some spending money from my sister and Friday & Saturday is fun with my friends - the bar, karaoke and bowling. Sunday my boss has something for me. She said she was going to mail it but didn't want it to get ruined. Has me wondering...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I’m hoping to extend the birthday fun beyond this weekend, but we’ll see how well that works out.

9-11-10
So today Lora took me bowling and to the movies for my birthday. She also got me gifts. a Necklace/earrings set and some body wash & lotion from a line called Freshly Cut by Upper Canada. The scent is Passion Flower and it’s infused with Lychee (never heard of that). It smells really good though. I also got a bracelet with a love charm on it from Grandpa (church pastor).

Bowling was lots of fun! I went first and got my only strike of the game. I think Lora also got a strike. We played our 10 frames and it maybe took us 30 minutes. I won by 25 points - 85-60.

After bowling was the movies. we went to the $2 theaters that took like forever to get there (but omg before that Lora got a ticket for cutting off a CHP cop! he followed us for like ever to give her a ticket as she got off the freeway! But lesson learned. if you’re in a lane that’s clearly exiting the freeway, just get off. Don’t swerve back on the freeway). There’s a Panera Bread in the same complex as the theater! I wanted it so badly! but opted for snacks in the theater. The movie. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice was pretty good. I give it a B- simply because it started off a bit too slow for me. At one point in the movie (trying not to spoil it for anyone) I clearly remember thinking “fast cars make this movie sexy” LOL Yeah, weird thought to have while watching a family type movie, but it was a brief thought. I’m definitely going to buy it on DVD.

Now I’m home (obviously lol) and thinking about watching another movie. It’s a toss up between more Miss Marple or Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief (I saw it at the same $2 as today’s movie) or I might hijack the TV from my dad for some Cops.

No comments: