Thursday, September 16, 2010

Milestones

2:12 am
Despite getting frustrated (as of late) with my classes and the many glitches the online classroom setting has, I'm glad I'm doing this.

On September 30th I will have completed the Fundamental Level courses for my Paralegal Degree! October 1st I will more than likely start on Advanced Level courses.

oOoOoOoOoO

2:12 pm

This morning I got a call from financial aid to finish up the process so I’d have funding for my 2nd yr. Well he said there was some mistakes but they were minor things like changing that I live with my parents to living off campus, changing my dad’s unknown education status to high school graduate and something else I can’t remember. Then I had to do the loan process thing again...followed by a 10 question exam. I missed 2 so it’s all good. The next big hurdle is getting them a valid copy of my ID. Enter what would have been a nearly 2 hour wait at the DMV. Pass! Why such a long wait? Another office was closed so people had to go to the one I went to. And get this...they’re going to be closed again tomorrow due to the furlough crap the Governor instated. Now I have to wait until Monday, which is better as I will have been paid and won’t have to borrow the money from my mom.

We were coming back from the DMV (nearly 2 hr wait because another office was closed so I have to go back on Monday) and stopped at the cleaners when my mom asked if I wanted to drive in the parking lot because there weren't many cars. I said whatever and hoped it was too packed, but when we got there it wasn't.

I drove for about 10 or 15 minutes, parked a couple of times in open spots and practiced backing into parking spots. fun and not as nerve racking as I thought. Yes! I did it! I drove!

On the way home (we were literally across the street from the apartment) when the car stopped. my mom said the car probably overheated (its an old crappy car with a couple of bullet holes!!! in it that my dad INSISTS works like a gem) so we waited and I motioned for cars to go around. Then my dad calls and I tell him what happened and he got mad. way to make it feel like MY fault! Eventually a lady in some big truck gave my mom a push so she could park by the apartment...and now I'm home.

No comments: