Monday, April 4, 2011

Just a bunch of muggles playing Quidditch

Friday or Saturday, my friend Jamie told me about the International Quidditch Cup. If you follow Harry Potter or know anything about it, yeah. THAT Quidditch! However, this game is played with muggles (non-magical folks) so there’s no flying, but there are broom sticks that the players carry around between their legs, and the Golden Snitch is a human with a gold shirt on and a ball in a sock tucked into the back of their shorts.

Today (Sunday) were the Western Cup matches http://www.internationalquidditch.org/westerncup.html and in November are the Wold Cup matches http://www.internationalquidditch.org/worldcup.html

It was an interesting afternoon to say the least. I won’t go into the drama that happened that caused me to even go (well I will in another entry). Jamie, and her cousins picked me up at the train station and we went to the park. When we got there, a match was already going. It was kids playing! I want to say they were 4 or 5 years old. It was too cute! Then the older big kids - 11-13 they looked and after were the college teams. I saw ASU, USC, Cal Berkeley, UCLA and I think other teams, possibly earlier in the day.

I took pictures. I couldn’t resist. After the cut are 71 pictures, including some bumper stickers I bought and a Quidditch iron on patch that I’ll be attaching to a tote bag (eventually)

Pictures of the fun

No comments: