Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Princess Bride

It came out in 1987, why is everyone so shocked that I’m just now watching it?

There were some funny moments, some predictable moments, but its a decent movie.

I teared up at the end. The last lines.
Grandson: Grandpa, maybe you could come over and read it again to me tomorrow.
Grandpa: As you wish.

Now I just want “As you wish means I love you” in an icon.

Inigo Montoya: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

The scene towards the end where Inigo Montoya repeated the line he practiced for 20 years was a bit funny/annoying. but his killing line was very good.

Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of a bitch!

Overall I give the movie

No comments: