Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another class...another lesson learned? Lets see...where do I start?

Lets see...where do I start? Since starting ICDC back in January, I've taken 14 classes (Wednesday I start my 15th class). My grades are 11 As, 1 B and 1 C...and later today I'll know for the class I just finished.

These classes haven't exactly been drama free either. Latest bit of drama revolves around a grade for an assignment that wasn't updated. Long story short, I called the instructor on his mistake and he fixed it. That's how I have the 1 B. Good. I didn't want to have 2 Cs! Also, I achieved my first 100% for the course! That was for Immigration & Constitutional Law (with the trouble instructor).

Now I'm on to a new instructor. Administrative Law started last Wednesday and ends today (when I take the final). This instructor seems much more involved. At first it was annoying, but now I like it. It takes a bit to warm up to the new teacher. LOL I'm not sure how many classes I'll have her for, though. Second class with her starts tomorrow.

Tomorrow's class is called Employment Preparation. Its 5 days long with pretty much an assignment every day. Oh great. I've lost count with how many employment preparation classes I've taken. They all say the same things and while I do learn something new from each class, none of them seem to tell me why, with as much experience as I have, do I seem to not find a job...or at least get a second interview?! People around me with much less experience seem to find jobs every time they turn around (or in the case of some people I know change jobs to frequently they have resumes that are multiple pages long and they're a good 5 yrs younger than me and have no college degree)! Anyways, I am still going to keep an open mind to this Employment Preparation class and maybe learn something that will finally get me a second interview...and *gasp* a full time job!

No comments: