Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What would have been

June 30 1990 my sister got married. Today would have been her 20th wedding anniversary. now it's just another day. about 5 yrs ago she stopped celebrating it. I honestly don't blame her with the asshole of a husband she had/has. That's about 9 or 10 yrs longer than I would have. Tis not my life so *zipping it*

A few weeks ago I mentioned wanting to join the YMCA and I was totally psyched about it! There was actually 5 days worth of stuff I wanted to participate in...and a friend of mine said she'd join too so we'd have support and someone to hold each other accountable for slacking. Well I had to wait until I got the money to afford the $46/month. That's what I thought it was going to be, plus there was financial assistance for those who couldn't afford that monthly fee. Well flash forward to late Tuesday night. I get a Facebook comment saying that my friend had joined and Monday was her first day. Awesome! What wasn't awesome was the no way around it $100 sign up fee! WTF! they said NOTHING about that when I called to ask about fees! I remember asking the guy I spoke with "What are the fees to join the YMCA?" He asked if it was going to be just myself and I said yes. he told me the monthly fee and said there was also financial assistance. Made no mention of a sign up fee, let alone that it was $100! I'm sorry, I can't afford that...no matter how close the place is and all the benefits that $46/month gives me.

So needless to say, finding out about that really crushed my desire to workout. My dad mentioned that for $299 I could join the 24 Hour Fitness but I was adament there aren't any locations near me - and by near me I mean a bus ride away. The only 2 places I knew of are in Compton and Santa Fe Springs...both more than 1 bus ride away. Well a quick trip to the 24 Hour Fitness proved me wrong! There's a location in Lakewood by the mall I frequent. That's 1 bus ride away! And on top of that, their current membership offer (it expires June 30th :[) is about $30/month! And due at signing up was like $60! Dude! I can totally afford that! Sadly, not right now. Looks like the soonest I'll be joining the gym is the beginning of August...and that gives me only 4-5 months to lose about 70 lbs! That's about 14 lbs a month, but still. *sighs* There's always Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred' DVD but I really wanted to get out of the apartment!

On Saturday I ordered what I thought was going to be the outfit I would wear to my 10 year high school reunion at the end of July (even though I have yet to buy my ticket. oops) but then Thursday I got a call from the owner/manager of the online store where I ordered from and he told me that the top I ordered is out of stock and he'd like to make me a replacement offer. What was the replacement offer? my money back (for the top) or 2 tops and an additional pair of leggings...at no additional charge! Yeah, I'll go with that! 2 tops and 2 pair of leggings for the price of what I paid for 1 top and 1 pair of leggings! awesome! As long as i get it by the last week in July it's cool!

Going grocery shopping on Friday for Saturday's BBQ at the church. I have a list of all the things that I need to get. I hope I'm able to get it all with what little money I have left. Yeah, I screwed up with my bills and spending, but I'm covered and lucky that no more than 10 people will be at the BBQ because everyone else has other plans (which knowing the ppl at my church is oddly like not wanting to come out....but I could be wrong)

After missing the last 2 seasons of Angels Baseball, I'll finally be going to a game! yay! I think next year I'm going to have to treat myself to season tickets. That way I'll be more inclined to go. So the game I'll be going to is the 4th of July game on Sunday. it'll be me, Lora and Staci. I had the hardest time finding tickets that I wanted, so I had to go with the cheapest. I know that waiting until the last minute snaps up all the good tickets but I was still hoping for home side seats and couldn't find any in my price range.

I want to go to sleep before 2 am so good night!

No comments: