Monday, June 28, 2010

Shaky ground

(subject has nothing to do with what I'm posting about. it's the first thing that came to mind)

A few months ago the lower apartments in the complex got new windows. a "one week" job ended up being 2 + weeks. It was killer on my sinuses that's for sure!

Now the roof is being worked on. The old one completely taken out today and I'm assuming the rest of the week a new one will be out on. The flyer we got said June 28 to July 3rd, so we'll actually see if that's the case.

I hope fumigating the place is next! it's been about 5-7 yrs since that was last done. And the front door need to be replaced. it's been "fixed" so many times the wood isn't together enough to be "fixed" again.

But honestly I worry about how all this remodeling is going to effect the rent. My parents are paying the least as we've been here the longest (since 1986!!) and rent is slowly creeping up. Granted it's nowhere near what the neighbors are paying, but it's getting to be more than my parents can afford with the retirement money they get and I'm supposed to be giving my mom money every month towards rent but my bills are so royally screwed up that I can't get them under control to go back to doing that.

In heated moments I say that I'd have someplace to go if I were kicked out, but I honestly don't know where I would be able to go. Everyone I know could take me (with or without my cat) for a little while, but to live with until I oh...found a job to move out? Who the heck knows how long that could be?! And my parents? yeah, they can't go with my sister as she needs to find her own place since her stupid m-i-l has been threatening to kick her out? I don't know. But then there's my brother & his family in FL. I guess they have the space in their house, but I honestly don't know if my dad would move there. I'm pretty sure my mom would.

It's all really shaky in my head and I do think about it from time to time. A drastic 'omg what if...' moment, but I never voice it to my parents. It kind of still feels like I'm the "little" kid and none of this is my business to worry about. but I'm NOT the little kid and I should at least have a plan if things ever get to that point.

No comments: