Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nearly a month later!

I've finished another book. This one should have been finished weeks ago, this the book literally sat by my bed for a week without being opened/read!
4.
Title: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Titan’s Curse
Genre: Fantasy, Greek Mythology
Summary (taken from Amazon): Percy Jackson is now 14, a bit older and wiser, yet still entangled with the Fates. Friends, monsters, dysfunctional gods, and the romantic stirrings of all things natural and mythological are encountered. His good friend, if oft-time rival, Annabeth (daughter of Athena) is missing, as is Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Joined by best buddy Grover-the-goat-boy and an argumentative array of accomplices, Percy sets off to fulfill, and hopefully foil, the foreboding prophecy of the Oracle. Plagued by ominous dreams, thwarted by hideous monsters, and challenged by conflicting partnerships, the search party's success hinges on unlikely unity.
Thoughts: There were SO MANY things I didn’t see coming! I was right there with Percy every time he felt stupid for asking a question about something he “should” know. Why wasn’t Clarisse’s info given more? Like where had she been? Maybe I missed that. *shrugs*

This book took longer for me to read for some reason – actually I think it had to do with the fact that when I first checked it out of the library (btw it is now a week LATE in being returned oops!) I didn’t get far enough into the book before stopping. But the last 2 days of reading it, I read 5 chapter chunks and that’s what allowed me to finish it. I really hope I’m able to get the “hooking” chapters read of The Battle of the Labyrinth so I won’t take forever to finish it.
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: