Friday, October 15, 2010

this that and the other

I’m so bored. I’ve deleted and restarted this entry several times.

When I left for work (at the church) today I stopped at the Library to return a book I checked out a couple weeks ago. I then gave myself 20 minutes to find another book (or 2) before leaving to head to work. When I wanted in the Adult section the first book that caught my eyes was The Stepford Wives. It looked rather thin so I checked how many pages it was - 145 pages. I could be finish with that in 1 or 2 days so I picked up another book. My 2nd selection was another Murder, She Wrote novel. I’d read it before, but didn’t feel like reading the other book they had in that series so I went with Destination Murder. That one is 278 pages. Both books are due November 5th so if I have to, I can renew Destination Murder.

On my way home from the church my dad called to tell me that the Library called. I start work on Tuesday at 1 pm! Yes! All this week I was nervous that they were going to change their mind and not want me after all. Then I was doubly nervous when I had to call E to tell him that I have prior obligations on November 2nd to work the election. With under 20 days to the election, I can’t back out now. Plus it’s an “easy” $225 for 15.5 hrs of work. That sounds like a LONG time, but surprisingly, the day goes by pretty fast. With this being a General Election and so many propositions on the ballot, plus electing a Governor and Senators and so on, the voter turn out is sure to be much more than the Primary Election back in June.

Anyways, I start working at the library on Tuesday. I’m supposed to work 5 days a week, but with them asking me to come in on Tuesday, I’m wondering which days I’ll be working. Whatever my schedule is, I can’t work on Sunday because of church and being in charge of social functions, but getting out of the apartment 4 or 5 days a week will definitely be good for me.

Tetris on Facebook kind of owns me. I can play for 3 or 4 hours before getting bored. Again, sounds like a lot of time, but time flys when you’re trying to beat a clock and another person you’re playing against. LOL

I almost let time pass me by - completely forgetting that I have an assignment due tonight at 11:55 pm. Luckily it’s just filling in the blanks on a PDF file and all the information I need is in the lecture notes. I finished it in like 20 minutes or so and e-mailed it off. Well a head of the 11:55 pm deadline. I have no more assignments, but my final next Thursday. I want to cheat and see what’s on it, but I’ll wait until Wednesday night lol

I want to play some more tetris. Toodles!

No comments: