Tuesday, October 12, 2010

why don't you try reading the instructions!

I have an instructor I had before. He was cool for the first few courses he taught, but then he was getting real nitpicky with things until I pointed out that I followed the directions of the assignment and he fixed the grade on my assignment.

Well he’s done it again! We were given an assignment to use a particular form to create a particular document. I did that and turned the assignment in.

His comments: Thanks for submitting this Lizet. It looks like you’ve found a form will somewhere online. This is a good starting point. However, the assignment asks that you craft the will specifically for Mary. To that end, you need to draft a will which names Mary’s best friend as executor, gives her stamp collection to her grandson, etc.

If you’d like to resubmit this assignment, I’m certainly happy to regrade it for you.

3/10

Umm I did that! Because you know, the assignment directions say Use Unit 1 Handout 1 and the below facts to draft a will for your client Mary.

Did he NOT read the assignment directions in the lecture notes!

Luckily he caught this mistake without me having to say anything and gave me the correct comment/grade: You’ve done a very good job here, Lizet. You’ve taken the form will and completed it appropriately based upon the facts of the hypothetical. Nicely done!

9.5/10

I’m sure I won’t do as well on the assignment I just turned in. I’ve never waited until the exact deadline to turn in an assignment. I’ve also never waited until 20 minutes before it was due to look over the unit and the assignment instructions to do it. Needless to say I was VERY confused, but did it and I’m sure if I have to redo the assignment, I’ll be given the chance.

No comments: