Friday, November 26, 2010

guilty as charged

Thanksgiving yesterday was better than most, I guess. My dad was a pain as usual and my mom packed the entire kitchen (only not really) before we finally left for my sister’s.

More car drama. the front passenger side window shattered when my mom closed the driver’s side door. It was taking her longer than usual to bring the car to the front door so we could load it up and when I asked my dad what happened, he said we had a wreck. Umm what? he wasn’t even concerned either. Just went about folding his socks. So I’m asking questions trying to figure out what happened and finally gave up and walked to where the car was parked. I saw the shattered glass and looked in to see if someone did that to break into the car. Nope, radio still there, change in the ashtray still there...nothing was taken. I asked my mom what happened and that’s when she told me. she said she didn’t notice if anything was lodged in the window before it broke and now it was too late as the car was parked next to a gutter so anything that could have been there was no in the storm drain.

My dad is now off dealing with that. I’m wondering if he’s also going to get the windshield fixed. there’s 2 pretty long cracks and that was the only thing keeping me from using the car for my behind the wheel testing with the DMV.

all week my dad had been saying he was going to get up at 4am and do some "Black Friday" shopping. I got up at 3am and he was still sleep. then woke up again at 6:15am or so and he was still sleep. I contemplated going to Staples (1TB external hard drive for $50!) but it was cold and I was still very sleepy. Went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 10:30am. Now that he had to get the window fixed, I don’t know if he was going to go to Fry’s Electronics or Big Lots ($6 TV Show DVD sets!)

I spilled soda on my dad's keyboard and for like 30 minutes or so it was working fine. Then it stopped working. so I turned off the computer and began to look for a replacement one. couldn't find one so I had to call and tell my dad what happened. much to my relief he said not to worry about it because he took a couple of keyboards to the garage.

I still feel like such an idiot tho. I had my cup quite a ways away from the keyboard, but when it fell, it kind of bounced causing the soda to go air born and get in the keyboard.

No comments: