Monday, November 15, 2010

Left to my own devices

in a matter of hours my parents will be off on their 5 day Mexican cruise. they aren't too worried that what happened to the cruise ship from last week will happen to them, but if something does, my mom is "prepared". she bought a bunch of snacks and is taking some of my bottled water. Has me wondering how many people are going to be doing that now in light of what happened to the ship from last week.

Next Sunday is a Thanksgiving potluck dinner at my church and I have to do the shopping by myself. Everyone I'd ask for help is working (or in the case of my mom, on vacation). I know if I drove, this wouldn't be a problem. If I buy a little every morning before work, this shouldn't be a problem come Friday and Saturday when I do the final shopping.

Speaking of driving, my friend said the weekends she doesn't have to work, she'll give me behind the wheel driving lessons. This is good considering my dad hogs the car that's good for practicing driving.

Have errands to do before work. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

No comments: