Monday, November 8, 2010

issues issues issues

Friday I got my first paycheck from the Library job. Then Saturday night I was looking over my pay receipt and noticed the hours were off. I was paid for 31.5 hours when I clearly remember and noting in my supervisor's prescience) that I worked 32 hours. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly short 30 minutes of pay.

Sunday my boss (church boss) asked if I figured out why I was short and said no but I'd be asking my supervisor about it. About 10 minutes after that I realized why I was short. and it made me kind of mad too.

In our employee handbook it says we can take a paid 15 minute break or unpaid 30 minute break. Well on October 28th as I was going to break my supervisor tells me that the Library Secretary needs to talk to me and another new girl. The Library Secretary is in charge of the employee lockers and dealing with the time sheets (where my supervisor is in charge of setting work schedules). So we talk to her and she takes our pictures to put on the employee board. That took my 15 minute break and I was hungry so I signed out for my 15 minutes (I hadn't done so before going to see the Secretary) and do my business then go back to work.

My supervisor had to have made a mark on my time sheet noting that I took 30 minutes and there for that's an unpaid break. 3 days after payday I'm trying to figure out how to talk to my supervisor about this. Talking to the Secretary took away from a break I should have had. If they knew I needed to have this conversation, it should have been before my shift or after.

No comments: