Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I ventured out for the day

I dropped off my job application at one of the local school districts. the lady told me the closing date is July 14th and about a week after that I'll get a letter in the mail for testing. I've gone through testing with this school district before (about 3 or 4 years ago) so I'm confident I'll pass that with no problems. it's the face to face interview part I kind of suck at. Anyways, she also told me instead of the 3 positions that was listed on the website, there's only 2 - an 8 hour and a 3 hour. I'm not picky so I asked for both. the pay and benefits are great for either one.

After that I made my way to downtown LA to go to the Central Library. There was a bit of increased traffic, but honestly, nothing too bad. I keep forgetting that when I go Downtown, I need to take a camera because the buildings are so...wow! beautiful and big! It's the one time I don't mind being a tourist in a city I go to all the time. I was in and out of the Library in an hour and I was home by 1 pm.

dropping off the job application, going to the library and back home was like 4 hours.

my mom complains that I'm in my room too much, and would like for me to get out at least once (not counting going to work & church). so I did that today. I'm not in the walking mood and I don't have enough change for 3 bus trips so the next time I go out is Friday when I go to work and for my "yearly" check up.

No comments: