Wednesday, July 22, 2009

to call or not to call

there are these apartment like houses I see for rent about 5 minutes or so from my church. there's a whole tract of them, like 2 blocks or something. well they look like they wouldn't be much to rent but I've been too chicken to call and ask about them (at one point I got off the bus, wrote down the number & walked 6 block to my connecting bus stop but I've since lost the number)

anyways, the for rent sign is back up and it's got me thinking about moving again. I totally can't afford it nor can my parents afford to help me (and I wouldn't want them to for that matter) get the place until I got a better job to pay for it myself (she offered to pull early SSI when I thought about moving to AZ and I almost took her up on it, but glad I didn't)

also, there's a vacant apartment behind me. it hurts to look at that place day in and day out. I daydream about how to decorate it, all the cool furniture I could get from Ikea, Target & Walmart. But apartments in this city are overpriced out the ass! $1200 for a cramped 2 bedroom/1 bathroom. outrageous!

it's all pathetic on my part. really it is.

supposed to hear back from the school district. I think letters go out this week to the applicants they want back for testing. I got to testing (and interview) when I applied for a different position 3 yrs ago. I really hope it pans out this time, but I interview horribly. why can't my resume & references speak for themselves?! *sighs*

No comments: