Thursday, July 9, 2009

oh that's disturbing

I'm watching SoCal Connected and I hear them mention my city. so naturally my ears perk up and I pay more attention.

they're talking about hospitals and the cost to run them or some such. Well, there's a hospital within walking distance from me (about a 15-20 min walk) and it's the one I'd prefer to go to if I had an emergency at home.

then something was said that made my mouth drop open...a few yrs ago (b4 hospitals started closing left & right) there were 8-9 hospitals around me. now there are THREE! that is unbelievable...that's unacceptable!

I totally understand why the emergency room at King Drew was closed in 2007 (a woman DYING while waiting to see a doctor is insane! a man in pain for 4 days before his family took him to another hospital where he was diagnosed with a BRAIN TUMOR!)

but how do you go from there being 10 hospitals with emergency rooms to THREE.

I don't get it. I don't like it.

also, California being 51st in repaying hospitals due to patients not having full or any health insurance (apparently we're behind Puerto Rico!) is also bad.

I'm just so disappointed in the way my state has been run into the ground.

No comments: