Monday, December 20, 2010

never again

I woke up this morning at 330 having a panic attack over my bills that are going to be due in the coming weeks. “Rent” plus 4 bills. When it’s all said and done, I will have no money for a bus pass and $12.52 to my name until January 9 when 2 more bills are due that week.

sighs

yes, I know. other people worse off than I am, but having to go on stupid “temporary disability” really screwed me up. If they would have let me work, I would have at least had 15 hours of pay instead of whatever I get for the 50 something minutes I worked last Monday before I hurt my knee.

In other news, I was able to find something for my niece and nephew (after 3 trips to Walmart for different reasons). First time I was able to get them anything since they were toddlers (and they’re 14 & 15 yrs old now)! Also found something for my brother & sister in law. I have to mail it when the post office opens (*amendment I will now have $4.43 to my name until Jan 9).

I got some gifts from people at church and instead of waiting until Saturday to open them, I cheated and opened them at the Church dinner (will elaborate on this in a bit). Colleen & John got me the cutest musical jewelry box. It has Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and when you open it, it plays “Some Day My Prince Will Come”. Lora got me a couple of pink (!!!) makeup bags and brown sugar vanilla body wash/lotion/body spray set.

Christmas Church dinner. It was nice having my mom at a dinner for a change. Since she’s been working at this Retirement Home place on Saturdays & Sundays, she hasn’t been to a church dinner in like 2 years. Down side, however, was that I couldn’t get her out of the kitchen. Yes, I asked for her help since Lora and I were doing other things, but once everything was set up and the dinner was on the table, she wouldn’t leave the kitchen. She was setting up drinks for people (they are perfectly capable of getting their own drinks and if they need help, they know how to ask). She finally got her food once everyone else had theirs. In the 2 years, or there abouts, that I (with the help of Lora) have been in charge of the Social committee, I’ve been able to get the food out the kitchen to where people can serve themselves and ya know...serve myself. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time getting on my mom about that...then Staci made a comment about how I wasn’t “a good hostess” because I forgot 3 serving spoons and a fork for the ham & turkey. Oh haha that’s funny. she could have helped me instead of sleeping. She did help me prepare the centerpieces and candied yams, but still. That really annoyed me. Anyways, the dinner was a success and there was about 23 people.

Gonna try to get more sleep. Maybe Mary Poppins can help with that.

No comments: