Monday, November 2, 2009

i wanted a new cell phone but not this way!

I was waiting for a bus and there was a kid also waiting. he asked what time the bus comes and I said it should be coming (several were actually due) and after a few moments he asked if my cell was prepaid and I said no. he then asked if I could call his grandmother to let her know he was going to be late. I said sure and he told me the first number. it didn't go through for whatever reason, then he told me another number and it started to ring. I gave him the phone as the bus was coming (he said he was getting on the same bus I was). I saw in through the bus driver's mirror and he was right behind me. I showed the driver my pass and went to the nearest seat to sit down. it was then i realized the kid wasn't on the bus! the next stop was about 1/3 a mile away so I got off and hauled butt back to the first stop. along the way I was looking at buses as they passed to see if I could see the boy but I didn't. when I got back to the stop he wasn't there. I freaked out a bit, then went to the pay phone to call the number. no answer. I freaked out more, cried thinking about all the bad things that could happen with no way to contact anyone, I only know a handful of numbers by heart (one being my sister's but she's a good hour from me).

All I could do was wait for the next bus home, try my number again and cry more. I still haven't been able to get anyone to answer my phone, and it's not turned off, but it's still on vibrate, which is probably why no one is answering.

I'm waiting for the next bus to go to the sheriff station to make a report, then I have to call t-mobile and asked how much a new phone will be since I had insurance on the stolen phone.

this just seriously sucks!

No comments: