Monday, November 16, 2009

it was nice while it lasted

I'm 99% sure my dad and I (yes I'm taking responsibility for it as well) killed my laptop.

it'd been overheating and the little external fan I had wasn't much help. we took it apart, took a bunch of dust out and it was working ok. Still overheating so that meant there was more dust.

when my dad got home from picking my mom up from work we went through and got to work un-dusting it again. my dad went a but crazy with the canned air. vapor was coming out and I asked if that would mess with the laptop in any way. he said no, but something told me that wasn't true. we put it back together and I turned it on. the hard drive wasn't going. I TOLD my dad not to mess with the hard drive. but he still did. there was power. I felt the air coming from where the fan was and the green lights were on, but no orange light saying the hard drive was going. GREAT! I call him back to my room, we take it apart, put it back together and the same thing. "You're in big trouble" he tells me. I'M IN BIG TROUBLE?! he's the one who went crazy with the canned air and messed with the hard drive!

Now I have no laptop and no external hard drive! I'll be taking laptop to place I bought it for them to look at it. hopefully it can be fixed & won't cost a lot.

I swore to myself I wouldn't let him tinker with my laptop as much as he has in the last 2 months and look at what happened! This refurbished laptop lasted me about 20 months. No telling when I'll have the money saved up to buy myself a new one.

eta: oh! big plus! I found the cell phone I had before the one that was stolen! and it still had a sim card! coming back to cell world soon!

No comments: