Thursday, November 19, 2009

there may be hope afterall

there might be some salvaging of my laptop and I hope this is true. My dad says he THINKS the motherboard is fried but he's going to take the laptop to one of his friends to have him look at it. If it is the motherboard and the hard drive is still good, my dad said I should buy a hard drive case which would turn my laptop hard drive into basically an external hard drive that I could plug into a computer using a usb port. AWESOME! I also looked at external hard drives to possibly replace the one my boss is trying to get to work again. I'll need something large enough if I'm going to rebuild my music/tv show/movie collection. My dad pointed out a 500GB for what he said was a good price.

Like I said I hope this is the case. We went to Fry's last night (I looked at the laptops, movies & books with my mom) and I don't know what my dad looked at, but he bought the new Star Trek movie. I bought my favorite movie, Constantine (it was only $9) and my mom bought Stigmata and Blade 2 (it was $4!).

My dad wants to go back for the after Thanksgiving sale but I don't get paid until the 29th. I could totally ask for and get my check early, but I know me. I'd be too tempted to spend it all, and I have bills due at the start of December.

No comments: