Wednesday, January 20, 2010

this Blackboard thing may be good after all

So my online classes are done through Blackboard. At first I was meh about it. I don't really like discussion board type places, but I guess for online classes it works out well.

In my easy Intro to Computer class, going to the discussion board, posting and replying to 2 classmates counts for 40% of your grade. eek! You can go from an A to a D in the class by not going to the discussion board!

Also, homework assignments are submitted through Blackboard in the Drop Box. Tuesday I turned in an assignment. It was supposed to be 250 words. I turned in 236 words (or there abouts). I got a 95%. It's still an A but omg!

Well today I was checking the drop box and saw that the assignment was graded/commented on and reposted. awesome! Now I have it for my records.

I guess Blackboard isn't going to be too bad. I just wish spell check was used by the posters in the discussion board. I think it's the same 2 or 3 people who have spelling errors...and with the same words too.

No comments: