Saturday, August 22, 2009

in which I rant about tv

I squandered my Friday and now Saturday I have to go to work. No fun and not fair.

in tv news for myself...there's a local station in southern CA called KDOC-TV. Their tag line is "Endless Classics!" and have been showing the original Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Perry Mason and they just (or at least I just noticed) started showing Charlie's Angels and Starsky & Hutch. in my eyes, those are classics. They also show Fraiser and Cheers but I can put those aside in my mind. what I can't put aside, however, are the shows they will be playing in September. they are not, by any stretch of the word, a classic.

what are they going to be showing? Chappelle's Show, Everybody Hates Chris, My Wife and Kids...and 2 other shows. I can look past the first 3, but absolutely, 100% do not approve of the last 2 shows. Laguna Beach & The Hills. Yes. That's right. Spencer Pratt, Heidi Montag, Lauren Conrad and Brody Jenner ( don't have a problem with the last 2) and the rest of them.

did I miss the memo going around that changed the meaning of classic? If they wanted to bring other shows, why not The Brady Bunch, The Cobsy Show, Family Ties, Family Matters...there are lots of other shows! why these ones?!

I understand it comes down to what shows the original networks would allow to be shown on this station, but include 2 MTV Shows?!

*sighs and steps off soap box*

No comments: