Friday, August 14, 2009

There are helpful people out there, right?

There are people who'd help someone if they fell...right in front of their house, right?

Good luck finding that in Compton!

I was walking to the bus stop and was maybe 2 blocks away and I tripped, felt my left knee lock up and I fell. I'm pretty sure on the way down I screamed (maybe it was just in my head?) and kind of rolled on to the grass by the curb. It took me a good 5 mins to stand up and limp to a fence to regain my balance and put my shoe back on.

While this was going on, there was a guy, no more than 5 feet away from me washing his car! Does he stop...ask if I'm okay...come to help me stand up? NO! he kept drying off his fucking car! I was in front of his damn house and fell!

I don't know when he noticed I was leaning on his fence for support but he stopped drying and looked at me. I was like "oh no, don't stop drying your car on account of me! I'm fine. I'll just limp my way to the bus stop." apparently sarcasm is lost on him, just like being a good Samaritan. He watched me limp off, saying ouch, ouch, ouch with each step and he went back to drying off his car *rolls eyes*

Now my knee really hurts when I put pressure on it. casual walking and stepping up some steps is ok, but running or walking quickly makes my knee give out and feel like I'm going to fall.

needless to say, I made it to work, I'm done with my work and going to head either to taco bell or just ride the bus around

No comments: