Friday, September 11, 2009

anyone need a secretary

sitting on my ass, do nothing and get paid isn't as fun as it sounds. That's all I do when I come here. Every Friday when I come into work that's what I do.

I actually DO have work that I'm supposed to do, but my "boss" has another "job" and when that "job" gets busy, I get screwed. My "work" depends on her getting information to me. Every Friday between 930 and 1030 am I e-mail Colleen the information she needs to send me the information I need. Basically, the title of Sunday's sermon. All she has to do is pick out TWO SONGS to go with the sermon! I could easily do this myself, but I never know if she has the songs picked out a head of time (a lot of times the songs don't match the sermon). I hate looking through the Bible and looking through the hymnal trying to find songs that match the sermon because a lot of times there isn't anything to match the Sermon so I have to find 2 that kind of match. It's work that, as far as I know, isn't in my job description. So anyways, I leave home, take the bus, get something to eat and go on to work. That's like 2-3 hrs. Plenty of time to find 2 songs. She's been doing this for the 8 yrs that I've been secretary, it's not like it's a new job for her. Then I have to e-mail her a reminder, after waiting an additional hour and still probably end up waiting another 30-45 mins.

This also happens when it comes time to do the monthly Love Notes. It's only 1 time a month and I'm freaking waiting and the stuff never goes out on the 1st of the month like I want it to.

Today was no different. I e-mailed her at 1030, which is a bit later than I usually do, I didn't end up leaving home until 1130 and I didn't get to the office until 1 something. Still 3 hrs since I e-mailed her. about 20 mins ago (230 pm), I sent her a reminder e-mail and also said that we didn't have the words to one of the monthly praise songs.

so yeah, here I am waiting. and tired. and hot. and pissed off.

edit got a reply back from Colleen. "That Praise Book is old. I have the words, but they might be at home." tell me something I don't know! I've been using and adding to it for 8 years! Still don't have the 2 hymns I need! and the fact that the words "might be at home" doesn't help either of us. You being at work and me wanting to leave RIGHT NOW!

No comments: