Thursday, September 10, 2009

what an eventful day

Not just for me, but for my sister. This morning she was getting ready for work & to take the kids to school when she suddeny felt dizzy. The room was spinning and every time she opened her eyes, she said it felt like the room was spinning faster. On top of that she had horribly painful cramps.

Marlin called 911 and I believe Jasmine called here. around 6 am or so my mom wakes me up to tell me all this and that they were going to her house and my dad was going to take Marlin  & Jasmine to school and my mom was going to go to the hospital to be with my sister.

Around  730 am my mom calls me to tell me to call directory assistance to get my sister's job's number and then to call and tell them she wasn't going to be in today. I did that and my mom came to get me so I could go with her to the hospital, which btw, my sister lives in LA and the hospital is all the way over by us in Bellflower. That's quite a ways to go.

At the hospital, my sister had a blood sample, urine sample and a CAT or CT scan (I can't remember which it was). The results of the scan showed nothing - except that she had a brain lol the joke the technician told her. Her potassium levels were low and she had high blood pressure medication she hadn't taken yet or hadn't taken in a few days? I'm not clear on that part. The doctor told her she had vertigo and gave her medication for that as well as something to bring her potassium levels back up. Then she was released.

Right now, I believe she's sleeping on the sofa. When the kids get out of school, my dad will be taking them, and my sister home. I don't know what the plan for tomorrow is as far as my sister going to work and how the kids are going to get to school.

I told my sister not to worry about giving me money for the cruise I may or may not go on. She is 3 or 4 months behind on paying the registration for her car and her insurance is going to be due soon. She gets paid on the 21st and I rather her get her car stuff taken care of than to have to deal with it being impounded for no registration/insurance if she were to get pulled over.

It's been about 4 hrs since I've eaten. I'm hungry, but not really. I crave fatty greasy foods and I don't need that...but I so want it!

No comments: